- About Us
- Training & Convening
- Helpline & Resources
- OR Nonprofit Event Calendar
- 2014-15 NNCO Scholarship Form
Increase Volunteer & Staff Performance (Webinar or Peer Learning Session 3)
*A recording of this session is available. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Cliff Jones, Senior Consultant
Nonprofit Association of Oregon
People are the primary resource within your nonprofit organization. If they are not being effectively supported and directed, you may be missing out on valuable energy that could be invested in achieving your organization’s mission and goals.
In this webinar, we will explore the most essential elements in recruiting, orienting, and supervising volunteers and paid staff—including helping them understand why they are here, what is expected of them, how they are doing, what impact their work has, and where they should go for help!
- The supervision cycle and how to use it
- Strategies for recruiting and orienting volunteers and staff
- Agreeing upon performance expectations
- Providing positive and critical feedback
- Building staff and volunteer capacity
- Addressing performance difficulties
Whether you have the title of supervisor or not, this webinar will help you develop the techniques to build up your organizations greatest resource—the people that do the work!
About the Presenter
Cliff Jones is a human rights activist with over 30 years’ experience in social services, community education, and human rights advocacy. He has experience as a frontline staff, supervisor, project manager, and executive director. He is co-founder of Tools for Diversity, a comprehensive curriculum led by a multi-cultural team that addresses problems caused by discrimination and prejudice and supports building culturally competent organizations.
Cliff has served on the Boards of McKenzie River Gathering Foundation, Funding Exchange Foundation, Oregon Minority AIDS Coalition, Multnomah Legal Service Workers Union, and Peer Counseling Community. He has been a trainer for the Black Leadership and Community Development Institute and is a recipient of Nordstrom’s Cultural Diversity Community Service Award.
Two Ways to Attend
Hosted Webinars and Peer Learning Discussions. Facilitators will host group webinar viewings and lead focused discussions immediately after the webinar in the below communities. This is an opportunity to learn from the experts and also learn from your peers, renew community connections, and build new relationships. Discussions will include opportunities for the group to identify ways to address participants’ issues and concerns.
- BANDON—Bandon Conference and Community Center, 1200 11th Street SW, Bandon, Oregon 9741
- BEAVERTON—Vision Action Network, Conference Room 195, 3700 SW Murray Boulevard, Beaverton, Oregon 97005
- JOHN DAY—This location has been cancelled.
- ROSEBURG—YMCA of Douglas County, 1551 Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, Oregon 97471
- THE DALLES—Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Museum, 5000 Discovery Drive, The Dalles, Oregon 97058
Non-hosted Webinars. Not close to one of the hosted sites listed above? Join us via traditional webinar format—all you need is a computer and internet connection.
Small Nonprofit—High Impact! Essentials for Success Series Pass
We encourage you to join us for the entire Small Nonprofit—High Impact! Essentials for Success three-part series:
- Building Strong Nonprofit Boards, March 13, 2013 (Session 1)
- Fundraising in Rural Communities, April 10, 2013 (Session 2)
- Increase Volunteer & Staff Performance, May 8, 2013 (Session 3)
Individual Session—To register for the Hosted Webinar and Peer Learning Discussion in Beaverton (open to and free for Washington County nonprofits only), click here. To register for all other sessions, use the “Register Now” link below.
May 8th, 2013 12:00 PM through 1:30 PM
|Roseburg - NAO Member||$ 18.00|
|Roseburg - Nonmember||$ 20.00|
|The Dalles - NAO Member||$ 18.00|
|The Dalles - Nonmember||$ 20.00|
|Non-hosted Webinar - NAO Member (ends at 1:00 p.m.)||$ 49.50|
|Non-hosted Webinar - Nonmember (ends at 1:00 p.m.)||$ 55.00|